Monday, June 27, 2011

Engineer's Rest Room

………Autobiography of Engineer’s Rest Room

Commonly called as AME Rest Room
Gender-Female
Age-Visual-as young as any Bollywood diva Actual- 58 Years (01/08/1953)
Over the period of last six decades I have seen Engineers who maintained DC-3 to Avro HS-748 and then starting of jet age in 1970 with B737-200 and finally a new breed of fly by wire aircrafts in 1990 (Airbus). Three different generations of aircrafts were inducted over these years. I have seen three generation of engineers during all these years.
The old saying of “Diversity is the spice of life” was true to me. I was lucky and dated many engineers all these years. I had been into the relationship with few of them but they were energetic, talented and more caring. It is better not to name them as the young one feel it bad. I dislike those engineers who coming into my lap keep clasping and squeezing me for hours and hours unlike engineers of other trade.
I witnessed many AME trainees elevated to a level of executive who at times had taken rest in my lap, slept after doing maintenance work and then attending departures early in the morning.
I also witnessed hardworking helper to be uplifted as engineer & few of them becoming top bosses of this cadre. In spite of long span of mine in existent, never seen any change in working of Engineering. Sincerity level of Engineers was more those days than present generation Engineers; is the fact to be confessed at this juncture.
Unlike today (They are of –ve mindset) I have seen Engineers busy discussing the problems pertaining to their aircrafts undergoing maintenance work in past. I also grew up during this period as their technical PA. And why should I not? After all my boyfriends are engineers.
I was less equipped with the electronic gadgets then, not like today’s Air conditioners, but had only electric fan & Cooler. I was content and happy.
I always welcome those engineers who came tired after departure in sun, rain and cold; I spread my arms in love and lust. I never differentiated them as long as they did there job and came to me. I offered them all sorts of comfort. I am happy having a living relationship with them as they spent at least for 8hrs everyday with me. Their wives may be envy of me but I enjoy their proximity.
During this period, I had to leave my abode thrice from Ch-4 to Ch-3(Behind SI office at Palam)) and now T-3 world's one of largest airport.
When I was brought to T-3, I applied lot of anti-aging cream, facelifting, manicure & pedicure to present myself looking further young but of no use. Young looking engineers look tired. They just come to me, letdown and fall asleep. I hate such attitudes. I am worried about there future. Their energy levels are very low. I am not satisfied by there act. This attitude shows something gone wrong somewhere. This is a matter of concern. They never care for my upkeep & cleanliness. After all I also need some space.
I was happy to know that my boyfriends are being handed over SUDEXO coupons at T-3.I started day dreaming of going into Barista, Mcdonalds etc for snacks and outings to upstairs café into world class terminal building. These guys(Engineers) will never change, coupons are being used and exchanged for purchasing their households and I was not relieved of serving tea and snacks. On the contrary, they brought all my old belongings and forcefully making tea & coffee. Though there is no provision for kitchen, Tea & snacks are still being prepared & served. I am sick of being treated as housewife.
I wanted to look like modern days companion of an executive; like a tomboy but my BFs(Engineers) are still happy being treated as workers. In the last six decades they fail to elevate their career from worker to a level of executive. I am really tired of taking care of these old fashioned friends. At times I feel they don’t deserve to be smart and modern (given all these modern facilities) PA as they still live and happy in dirt and dust. They enjoy staying amid garbage. I was thinking of my modern look but they made me (rest room) even worse than what I used to be at Palam.
I am sorry ,BF is to be read as Boy friend. Please do care me. I also deserve to be clean and modern as my relatives (Rest rooms of other airlines) who have their boyfriends of Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Indigo and Spice. I feel ashamed when they (Engineers from other airlines) visit me. They curse you for not taking a good care of me. I feel hurt.
I do argue with them for your talent, wisdom, honesty and so on but fail to answer when they say I agree but your boy friends (BF) are conservative, they resist change ,a diversity which is the spice of life, A basic mantra for the universe.
I request my friends please change your attitude, do not wait for others to do it. Do what you say. That is what needed to capture a big Pie. Attaining number 1 position is not a big deal then.
Forever yours.

No comments: