Monday, June 13, 2011

IN EXILE


                                                  
It was my 1st off after 2nd night when mobile rang up while I was driving away to a local market in Sector-6 of Dwarka, Delhi.

This was the time when our heart was pumping at faster speed and afraid of receiving a call from office. In a very next moment, xxxxx075 no was flashing on my mobile set and I was sure enough that this is me going to be suspended now.

At the other end the person was asking me to proceed to xxxxnow by morning flight, for me, it was; as if I got my 2nd life. The very 1st reaction was that I have been spared and happily thanks to all my deities.

Though happy but still afraid, relieved one of my colleague who was later on suspended for no fault of his and thereafter I went on exile until discovered on AME times with a new identity of pramodara.

I was consoled by few of my colleague/seniors that do not worry take it as a three postings of 3 month each. As it is we were supposed to do 3 month posting.

We were the one who were disowned by our own colleague. No one remembered us for months. Those who were coming to flight duty somehow trying to avoid us, may be they were thinking as he too will be transferred if someone pass this message to their bosses that he was indulge in conversation with the outstation engineer.

Phase 1

Each day was passing like years, tired coming daily to airport without any leave, people making joke of our status. At the other end back home in Delhi, our family also was in trauma and could not understand what has happened. It was unbelievable. We were getting weaker day by day both physically and mentally. Low morale, no motivation we had only one intention to save the job, better do the job.

Everyone ignored and disowned us.

Phase 2

On arrival after a holidays of 15 days, a bit settled by now, cool and calm, habitual of my lonely life back in AME house, started thinking about ways to pass time. Enjoyed my companion here with a pair of pigeon (already discussed on this board) and spent lot of time at office to set the things right which were not taken care of for years during our 15 days posting. Many things were achieved during this period. Degree of humiliation got reduced slowly and slowly. Staffs too become accustomed of our presence over here for another few months. I was now not the matter of their discussion. Days were passing much faster than the phase 1.

We were accepted and mingled with local staff .Lot of jobs were performed and followed up for engineering.

Phase 3

By now 7 months have passed. The only hope of going back home after 3 months posting, as per the High court order, was lost as we withdrew the winning case. There was no other way than to pass the time doing some constructive work at our work station. I utilised my energy accordingly and tried to do all the jobs done here what we can not perform at Delhi like cleaning of Air Intake, radome & Oleo etc.

I started enjoying a freedom of becoming my own boss, maintaining my own time with no tension of working on 2/2/2 pattern.

Phase 4

This phase started with lot of zeal as only 45 days were left to be in exile. Days were passing like minutes and here was the last weekend away from my forced removal.

Few desperate days were there when I was eager to know the list of my colleague who were about to relieve us. I kept on enquiring for those who are supposed to be posted at Varanasi and rest other stations of Northern region. At last, much awaited list also came out in public and I am relieved and proceeding back home.

During my exile, I learn to live alone,

 Knew who all in my life remember most and who are important to me,

In loneliness I was truer to myself, speak less lie in life and it is time to purify my soul.

I come across the fact of life, this make me bold enough to not to be dishearten due any incidents further in life.

Sharpen skill other than my professional.

Offcourse, during all this period I was not amongst my near and dear and missed them for sure.

“I wish all the best to my friend Sh Raghvendra Mishra ji who relieved me at Varanasi”







 

No comments: